Stingray Service Gateway
Stingray SG is a software product designed for Internet service providers, IPTV providers and other companies of telecom industry.
All-in-One solution. The key function of the Stingray SG platform is deep packet inspection and classification of traffic at the L2-L7 levels of the OSI model. The system solves the following tasks:
—filtering traffic by black list
—prioritization and improving the Quality of Service
—Carrier Grade NAT
—mini-Firewall and protection against DDoS and BotNet activity
—Wi-Fi HotSpot management
—conducting marketing campaigns and notifications
—Quality of Experience module.
The system supports integration with billing and RADIUS server.
Quality of Service (QoS)
The Quality of Service (QoS) module enables bandwidth management based on application layer protocols, data flows and bandwidth usage. It saves up to 25% of the bandwidth capacity by prioritizing traffic, which improves the operator’s quality of service in general.
Quality of Experience (QoE)
Quality of Experience (QoE) is a DPI module that gathers statistics and evaluates QoE. The data that it collects are compared with the preset metrics to evaluate the quality of telecom services and Internet connection for a single user. Based on this information, the module initiates steps required to improve the quality of service.
Carrier-grade NAT (CGNAT)
The CG-NAT option enables network address and port translation and provision of a single public IPv4 address to several users. CG-NAT is introduced to deal with IPv4 address exhaustion and simplify transition to IPv6.
The “classic” NAT with port translation on Linux or FreeBSD is a port-restricted NAT that allows inbound connections only on a specific port. As a result, for example, two gaming consoles behind such a NAT gateway won’t be able to communicate with each other, because the port number will be changed. Similarly, it prevents the connection of torrent trackers and other peer-to-peer protocols. CG-NAT addresses these issues by allowing inbound connections on any port.
Example of Stingray SG being used as a NAT gateway with redundancy:
Firewall and Anti-DDoS
Stingray SG comes with a firewall that protects users from being hacked on open ports and blocks any illegal subscriber activity. The firewall protects your network from DoS and malware attacks, improves the quality of service, ensures reliable and secure operations. You can use the firewall together with the QoE module to reveal the perpetrator and the victim and quickly notify users about any suspicious activity.
Marketing and Redirecting
With Marketing and Redirecting, operators receive a tool to notify subscribers about new offers or future network maintenance. When an operator activates the service, instead of being redirected to the home page, the subscriber is redirected to the operator’s information page, which contains all the necessary data.
The software solution doesn’t depend on a particular server hardware supplier and can be flexibly adapted to business requirements.
Who use Stingray SG
Do you want to test Stingray SG in real-time and see how it processes collector analytical data, monitors the network, enhances subscriber loyalty by leveraging metrics, and increases revenue per subscriber using our products? Try Traffic Lab—free for any telecom operator to perform various evaluations, such as:
NetFlow analysis is used to report on network traffic at the session level and generate detailed network statistics. Reports can be exported and visualized. NetFlow analysis also yields statistics on subscriber ping, including peak and medial values.
- Identify subscribers with high ping and lower connection quality in real time
- Troubleshoot CPE, wireless routers, access and aggregation switches
- Export statistics to the specialized monitoring system and dashboard of the technical support team
- Export Full NetFlow statistics on transport and application layer protocols, with traffic presented by flow and AS
- Prioritize (QoS) based on bandwidth allocation
- Search for the best Internet exchange points and uplinks
- Detect malware and DDoS attacks, develop your own security system
- Gather statistics on repeat requests
- Collect session retransmit statistics
- Troubleshoot Wi-Fi routers and physical channels
- Sell equipment with the best coverage and functionality parameters
Clickstream analysis is used to collect statistics on the number of generated sessions and subscriber devices. It is used to identify the most visited resources, including at endpoint client devices.
- Prevent negative feedback and subscriber churn
- Determine household types based on filters
- Prevent Internet reselling
- Automate feedback collection after on-site repair works
- Notify about network failures and reduce the load on the support team
- Inform subscribers about new services, offers and discounts
We invite you to join the free testing of Stingray SG. Our testing lab has enough equipment power to support testing for any purpose in close-to-real-life conditions. Our engineers ensure full support of your testing effort and work together with you on releasing your project to production.
Network stress test at OSI L2–L7 with traffic generation of up to 100 Gbit/s.
- Emulate traffic flow and as many simultaneous sessions as you need
- Use a wide range of parameters and protocols for traffic generation management
- Emulate failures and recovery
- Emulate traffic packet allocation within a time interval
- Replay pre-recorded traffic with modified IP addresses or sending/receiving ports
The Yota de Nicaragua is one of the leading operators in the emerging mobile market in Latin America. Yota de Nicaragua provides a wide range of communication services, including 4G.
- Current Cisco SCE2020 equipment couldn’t go beyond 2 Gbit/s
- there was no opportunity to activate new tariffs
- the operator needed to simplify network maintenance
- the operator needed to simplify network maintenance, improve the quality of the Internet connection and the download speed
- Yota also needed to migrate from WiMAX to LTE
Restructuring the current WiMAX networks; integrating Stingray SG. Creating personalized billing plans for customers, improved quality of “heavy” content playback: games, online videos, communication applications (Skype, Zoom), and, as a result, greater brand loyalty.
Interdnestrcom (IDC) provides wired Internet access, mobile communication, including 3G and 4G, and television services in the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (Moldova).
IDC looking for solution, capable of:
- Filtering websites according to the Ministry of Communications lists
- Billing subscribers having per-megabyte plans (3G-subscribers)
- DSCP prioritization of different protocols
- Quality of Experience (QoE)
- Analizing resources of those competitors, which subscirbers visit (for marketing needs)
In addition to Traffic Monitoring System, IDC considered Allot and Proteus DPI platforms. Allot was decided against due to its high costs, and the need for a license for additional functions and a separate hardware solution for which spare parts were necessary. Proteus was decided against because its services cost more than the services of DPI system, and it also needed a partial hardware implementation.
StarNet is one of the largest telecom operators in Moldova, working on the market since 2003. Its subscriber base is over 130,000 active users. StarNet is the first company in Moldova to provide fiber-optic Internet connection.
StarNet subscribers can access the web via GPON, FTTB, and Wi-Fi. Before modernization, the network traffic was managed with several Ericsson SE1200 BRAS.
The devices could not keep up with the traffic load and malfunctioned.
The need to gradually transition to IPv6 made it impossible to continue using SE1200 because it supports IPv6 for PPPoE sessions only, and using PPPoE for over 130,000 subscribers was out of the question.
The need for a new system was also triggered by extended downtime. It was evident that a modern traffic management solution with BRAS L3, CG-NAT and IPv6 Dual Stack support was required.
The existing Ericsson SmartEdge 1200 devices were replaced with a Stingray SG 40 cluster installed on Huawei hardware.
The network was modernized, with added IPv6 and IPoE support, CG-NAT, RADIUS AAA; low performance and fault-tolerance were addressed.
|Filtering by the blocklisted Internet sites|
|Statistics gathering and analysis on protocols and directions|
|Traffic prioritization depending on a protocol and direction|
|Common channel policing|
|Subscriber notification and marketing campaigns|
|Subcribers channel policing for IPv4 and IPV6|
|Allowlist and Captive Portal|
|BNG L3 (IPoE), Dual Stack IPv4/IPv6, Radius with CoA|
|BNG L2 (PPPoE, DHCP), Dual Stack IPv4/IPv6|
|Ads blocking and replacing|
|Mini-Firewall for blocking on certain ports|
|Protection against DOS and DDOS attacks|
|One-year Support and Subscription Services|
|Adding banners to HTTP resources||Subscription|
|Categorization of web resources||Subscription|
Get in Touch
Have a question or interested in learning more how IT can help your business? Please connect with us.