Designed for internet service providers to manage data plans and control how users access the web
BNG (Broadband network gateway) or BRAS (Broadband remote access server) is one of the key components of Stingray Service Gateway. It ensures flexible control over user sessions, management of data plans by customer, and introduction of advanced options.
Advantages of Stingray BNG over traditional BNG server gateways
- The combination of Layer-2 (PPPoE, DHCP) and Layer-3 modes (IPoE)
- Implementing traffic termination (PPPoE, Q-in-Q, VLAN)
- Multi-user support (one Login is multiple IP)
- Dual Stack IPv4/IPv6 support
- White list support based on hostname or URL, including *.domain mask
- Increasing the speed of local resources or peer-to-peer networks regardless of the speed of the tariff plan
- Prioritization Video, Online games, Web traffic
- Traffic coloring (VLAN, IP, MPLS) and work with already colored traffic
- BGP and OSPF routing support
- Proxying requests between BNG and Radius server thru PCRF server
- Synchronize multiple BNG operations and provide redundancy
Stingray BNG operating modes
|SSH-managed BNG Layer-3 IPoE||IP and tariff plans preloading. In case of dynamic IP distribution a Radius monitor or complete implementation of Radius is needed|
|Radius-managed BNG Layer-3 IPoE||Authorization via Radius-server for the subscribers who already have an IP||Supporting VLAN/Q-in-Q tags|
|BNG Layer-2 DHCP Relay agent||Subscriber authorization via MAC-address at Radius-server. A DHCP-server is used for IP distribution||ARP proxy, ARP authorization, supporting VLAN/Q-in-Q tags|
|BNG Layer-2 DHCP Radius Proxy||Subscriber authorization via MAC-address at Radius-server. Instead of DHCP-server a Radius-server is used. DHCP is replaced by combining FastDPI + FasrPCRF||Option 82 in the DHCP request, ARP proxy, ARP authorization, supporting VLAN/Q-in-Q tags|
|BNG Layer-2 PPPoE||PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAPv2, MAC-address authorization protocols are supported||Supporting VLAN/Q-in-Q tags|
The Software Solution doesn’t depend on a particular server hardware supplier and can be flexibly adapted to business requirements.
Get in Touch
Have a question or interested in learning more how IT can help your business? Please connect with us.