Integration, delivery and deployment processes we automate
What is Managed CI/CD
Managed CI/CD is the automated conveyor creation and setup. This conveyor simplifies merging a freshly written code into the main code base, as well as its deployment to various target infrastructures. The service assumes implementation of operational guidelines that help the development team with frequent insertions of code changes. ITGLOBAL.COM DevOps engineers will design a new architecture, implement a customized solution, and manage the entire process.
CI/CD development method is the main DevOps component, also referring to Agile practices. The technology essence is in the non-stop automation and monitoring throughout the entire life cycle of an application, from integration and testing to delivery and deployment of a ready product.
Why do you need Managed CI/CD
New technology adapting the existing processes often becomes a big challenge due to hardships in new principles’ comprehension and implementation. At first glance it may seem that the implementation of CI/CD methods is a simple task. Yet you may face a number of issues in the process:
- mishmash of CI and CD notions;
- issues with activities coordination;
- ineffective use of resources;
- security issues.
We’ll help to avoid those hardships, but that’s not all. We’ll tune up the existing processes, put the entire project to order – also ensuring complete information privacy.
How it works
- Design of processes’ new architecture, selection of a suitable CI/CD system
- Working environment preparation: implementation of technical practices necessary for CI/CD conveyor build
- Help with a new approach adapting: the processes assigned as primary, while the technologies — as secondary
Continuous Integration is the core of CI/CD process. This practice means merging working copies of a code in the central repository, which later merges with the main development branch line. Automated delivery and testing occur right after. CI helps avoiding project’s production release issues due to automated testing steps.
Continuous Delivery starts where CI ends – expanding the latter. This practice means unfolding a code in a testing and/or working environment after each modification. This stage is automated but requires a manual deployment confirmation.
Continuous Deployment is the final stage of CI/CD conveyor, which combines CI и CD practices. This stage’s main feature is full automation: no confirmation for updates’ deployment ever needed.
Advantages of CI/CD method
Minimization of risks
Automated delivery and testing help to detect and correct errors fast
Fast error management decreases the feedback cycle
Updates’ deployment speed
Timely roll-out of new functionalities is the competitive business advantage
High quality of end product
Error detection at early stages of development increases the final product quality
- Evaluation of a project’s architecture, development stage and volume.
- Audit of the existing processes.
- Conclusion of NDA and the contract.
- Elimination of paperwork technical debt.
- Project roadmap design in accordance with client’s goals.
- Roadmap-defined iteration movement launch, in cooperation with the client’s development team.
- Cross-checking of outcomes, next roadmap stage design, continuation of works in accordance with CI/CD method.
Get in Touch
Have a question or interested in learning more how IT can help your business? Please connect with us.